I decided to film a video sharing my entire first pregnancy experience seeing as I didn’t document weekly updates the way I originally wanted to. Every detail of my entire pregnancy could have made this the worlds longest video so I’ve summarized each trimester. We’re just a few days away from welcoming our beautiful girl into the world!!💕 Thank you to all of our friends & family who have showed us so much love & support throughout this huge transition in our lives, & to the new friends I’ve made along the way through my blog & YouTube❤️ I hope you enjoy this video!
Hello, lovelies!! It’s been a bit since my latest post but this pregnancy has continued to get harder & harder by the day! I’m just days away from my induction & finally feel confident enough in these must-have products to share them with you!
1. Antiacids! Never in my life before being 28 weeks pregnant did I experience heartburn. Let me tell you, it’s painful & downright annoying. My heartburn hit hardest in the middle of the night, keeping me awake all hours & limiting positions I could sit or sleep in throughout the day. Carbonated drinks seemed to be the culprit to most of my heartburn, which was extremely unfortunate because I craved soda my entire third trimester! Believe it or not, I’ve drank more soda in the last 11 weeks than I have in the last three years! I pop a couple TUMS after a soda & right before bed. It keeps me comfortable throughout the day & does wonders for my sleep.
2. Raspberry Leaf Tea! I read about drinking this tea in your third trimester to strengthen your uterus, promoting an easier labor. Now I cannot say for sure that this helps the laboring process because I have yet to experience real labor. HOWEVER, I’ve drank a cup of raspberry leaf tea twice a day for almost my entire third trimester & hardly feel my contractions or Braxton hicks. I get a weekly non-stress test done to monitor babe’s heart rate & my contractions. I almost never feel them when they’re picked up on the monitor. Now science cannot “prove” raspberry leaf tea actually works but the reputation behind it must be true enough because it was my OB’s first recommendation to help with labor.
3. Nursing bras! By this point in your pregnancy, even your bras don’t fit anymore. I’ve ruined hundreds of dollars worth of VS bras trying to wear them throughout my entire pregnancy but the girls JUST DONT FIT anymore. So instead of squeezing into my sexy bras or trying to stuff everything into a sport bra, I finally ordered a couple from amazon & they are my holy grail! they are thin & stretchy enough to form to your continuously growing girls but durable enough to keep everything in place as well. By this point in your pregnancy you’re probably also leaking colostrum. Nursing bras are perfectly made to tuck in a couple nursing pads & save you the embarrassment of leaking through your shirt while out in public🙈 Baby isn’t even here yet & you’re already getting so much good use out of the worlds comfiest bras!
4. Newborn Laundry Detergent! Before baby’s arrival it is paramount to wash all of the cute outfits you have ready for your little one to sport. Baby clothes are loaded with formaldehyde to look perfect & crisp in store so that you’ll buy them. In reality, your newborns skin is fresh & sensitive. Too sensitive for the chemicals their clothes are sprayed with. Not only can these chemicals be harsh for your little one’s skin, these warehouses they’re shipped from can be infested with rodents & pests finding their way into packing boxes. EW🤢 Dreft Laundry detergent is designed specifically for infants & has different formulas ranging for those newborns with sensitive skin to more active babies who could have a lot more stains on their clothes. They even have a plant-based detergent if that’s your thing!
Hopefully you’ll find great use out of some of these products for your last stretch of pregnancy!
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today. The support is so so appreciated! Be on the lookout a few weeks from now for my next Must-Haves list that’s all about POST-PARTUM & I’ll also be posting my labor & delivery story once we’re home & settled in with little Owynn!👶🏻💕
Welcome back! Now that I am well into my third trimester, I though I’d share with you ladies some of the essentials that helped me through my second trimester of pregnancy!
My second trimester was by far the easiest! Most of the products I share with you are not just good products to help through this stage of pregnancy, but I’ve found them to be totally necessary!
- Pregnancy pillow: I was not convinced I’d need a $70 pillow to help me sleep. My fiancé was gracious enough to find me a pregnancy pillow for steal on Amazon, knowing better than I that I wouldn’t regret the purchase. It made a WORLD of a difference in what I thought was good sleep. Halfway through my second trimester I began to transition to sleeping on my side not realizing how difficult it would be. The pregnancy pillow was absolutely key to keeping me comfortable on my side & allowing me to getting into a much deeper sleep than I had been before.
- Maternity clothes/belly band: Now you’re in the stage where you’re no longer going to be able to squeeze into even the fat jeans you save for Thanksgiving dinner. I initially purchased a belly band from Target to wear solely because growing pains & the first few lbs I put on made it uncomfortable to keep my pants buttoned all day. This product helped for a while but eventually I did cave & buy maternity clothes once I could no longer find comfort in single piece of clothing I owned. The belly band just won’t cut it once you start filling out everywhere else!
- Nursing pads: I was completely shocked to discover I started leaking colustrom in my 24th week of pregnancy! Some days it was a few droplets & others it completely soaked through my sports bra. It’s completely normal in the second trimester but you definitely don’t want to ruin your sexy Victoria’s Secret bras so nursing pads will be essential!
- Water: you can never ever be too hydrated in any stage of pregnancy. H20 is so important for many many reasons when you’re busy growing a human. It’s essential in making sure all nutrients & hormones are being trasported to the blood cells that will reach your placenta & your baby. It keeps UTIs at bay, keeps your digestive track moving smoothly, preventing constipation & hemerrhoids😱 Some women start to experience swelling in their second trimester, especially those pregnant in the summer months. Water helps with swelling, overheating, headaches & fatigue. Quick Tip**If you’re anything like me, you may have a hard time as it is drinking plain ol’ water. I stocked up on MIO to flavor my water so that I could better consume more and more each day to help reach my daily goal.
I hope this post helps some of you ladies find great comfort in your second trimester while your body begins to drastically change compared to your first. I don’t think I would’ve enjoyed this stage of my pregnancy without everything I mentioned today!
Now that I’m closer & closer to the end of my first pregnancy journey, stay tuned for some fun posts to come as I prepare for labor & delivery!💕
Thank you for stopping by again. This weeks blog is a little different in that there was so much going on these last few days and so much on my mind that I felt it easier to sit in front of the camera and just be real with you all.